Government of Orissa has recognised Electronics and software
as a thrust area and a priority sector because of its great
potential for employment and foreign exchange generation Indormation
Technology in Industrial Policy of ORISSA - 1996 ( IP - 96)
declared as follows:-
1. Establishment of new technical institutions in the private
2. Establishment of computer training institution in the private
3. Establishment of a techinical university in the State.
4. Encourage computer software training facilities in the
5. Establishment of Hardware and soft ware parts and industries
in the State.
6. Land and incentives allowed as per IP-96 for Electronic
(Telecommunication ( Hard ware and software ) industrial units.
OF I.T. POLICY -1998.
- Growth of Information technology Industry in the State.
- USE of I.T. at Govt. level for better service to people.
- To improve productivity and efficiency of Govt. services.
- To improve Revenue and Tax collectional.
- For helping on monitoring implementation of various Government
empported programmes and schemes.
- To encourage and accelerate the use of I.T. in schools,Colleges
and educational institutions in the State.
- To computerise land registration,land recorde and liceneing
etc of Govt. activities.